We have a WCARS exam session scheduled for 10:00am Saturday 24 October 2020. It will be held at the Bethel VFD station, 3330 Doctor Nichols Rd, York, SC 29745. There will be a $10.00 exam fee, cash only, no change.
Masks are required for everyone. You must already have your FRN (see below), and a copy of the WCARS form 605. If you’re upgrading, also bring a copy of your current license.
You must RSVP with Jeff, KA4WYC at KA4WYC@gmail.com to request a seat for the Test Session. We will limit the Test Session to 10 people total.
So, if you or someone you know is looking for a test session, you’ll need this information:
Location: Bethel VFD, 3330 Doctor Nichols Rd, York, SC 29745
Bring the following with you:
- A copy, to leave, of your FCC license and/or any CSCE‘s, if you are upgrading. Your CSCE is only needed if you somehow passed elements out of order and don’t have a license yet (for example, you passed Element 3 or 4, and never passed Element 2).
- Your FRN (FCC Registration Number). If you are not licensed, you can go to WWW.FCC.ORG to request one prior to the test session.
- The form WCARS Form 605. If you don’t have one, we’ll have copies there, or you can download it here and print it out beforehand. It’s always best to have it filled out in black ink beforehand.
- A government-issued Photo ID, like your State driver’s license.
- A MASK! You won’t be admitted without a MASK.
- FINALLY, bring $10.00 cash. Sorry, no checks or credit cards. We won’t have change. This is to minimize cash handling due to COVID-19. We will give you a receipt.
If you have any questions, please let me know, by calling my cellphone at 704-577-3619. Stay safe! 73, Jeff KA4WYC